Gen Z is addicted to convenience and smartphones. An on-demand food delivery perfectly connects the gap between the customers and restaurants by not compromising on each other’s terms. The users can get tasty and hot restaurant food delivered to their doorsteps, and restaurant owners can still get a regular revenue stream. Entrepreneurs can effortlessly leverage the potential of on-demand service apps by building a Zomato clone app with the help of a professional clone app development team. Here are some insights into the customer’s expectations for a food delivery app.
- Customers will expect to have a hassle-less registration process. Integrating social media plugins will make things more comfortable as they can directly log in with their Google or Facebook accounts.
- Instead of typing the address, it would be better if they can get an accurate location by searching for cafes, bars, pubs, and dine-out restaurants.
- Ensure that you have curated restaurant lists with appropriate keywords so that the customers can easily search for the restaurants by entering the commonly used words like romantic spots, candlelight dinners, etc.
- Ensure that your customers can quickly locate every restaurant on your app on the maps.
- Customize the application so the users can get the list of restaurants available in their vicinity.
- Push notifications can be an effective way to inform users about the upcoming promotions, discounts, offers, etc. It can also be used to keep them updated about their order status.
- Take steps to ensure that the customers get complete details about the restaurants such as phone number, address, photos, coordinates, etc. This feature can help them to decide whether to place orders or to choose takeaways.
- The users should be able to interact with their friends on social media to see where they are dining and their favorite restaurant.
- The users should be able to share the list of their favorite restaurants and dishes from the app with their friends.
- Enable users to rate and review restaurants and food orders.
- Ensure that your app supports multiple payment methods, including credit/debit cards, UPI, PayPal, net banking, etc.
Considering the user’s expectations, the cost of developing the app will definitely be on the higher side. But as an enthusiastic service provider, you should ensure that your customers aren’t disappointed with your offerings. It is an inevitable fact that the cost of developing an app on this scale will cost you more than an app with simple functionality, but the next decade will be owned entirely by on-demand service apps.