After the success of Uber in the ride-hailing industry, many started to create their own taxi applications to be more accessible as well as profitable. Almost 80% of them adopted Uber’s business model as it prevailed in the market as a jumbo with its simplistic features. However, this created a situation for budding entrepreneurs to come up with new ideas to remain unique in the industry. And the potential to achieve it arises only when you thoroughly analyze your competitor’s site while understanding the entire workflow and strategies of the application. Here we will explain a few steps which can help you with taxi app development like Uber.
- Understanding the purpose: The foremost step is to study the application features and acknowledge what is what thoroughly. Only then you can get a clear idea of the development procedures.
- Technology stack: Not only choosing the right development partner matters but also knowing how well they are upgraded with technology is essential. Make sure to inspect the current technology trend used in the market to build.
- Fare estimation: Understanding this is of paramount importance as it decides the revenue that you produce. Examine how the cost is estimated at various occurrences.
- Passenger app: Familiarity matters, thus never fail to incorporate features like booking confirmation, payment modules, geo-tracking, feedback system, etc.
- Driver app: Make sure to have features like navigation and geo-tracking optimization, trip alert, weekly reports, etc. Also, try integrating other advanced features for uniqueness.
And finally, never skip analyzing the cost required to build an app like Uber for your new taxi venture. Usually, the price is not fixed, and it differs. In general, to create an app from scratch, it will cost you around $30,000 to $60,000. But when you opt for Uber clone, the cost will be economical, i.e., the app is available form $3000 onwards. So ensure to check all these before you get into the business.