You should try to install Avast antivirus on your Windows 10 PC, and some users may even encounter serious problems with Avast applications for Windows 10. Most annoying is that avast antivirus will not open or if Avast doesn’t understand Windows documents on your system operational and try to eliminate them.
In this article, you will learn how to best troubleshoot Avast problems in Windows 10 and which version of this antivirus to configure. Although Avast Antivirus is fully compatible with Windows 10, there are always some bugs. Here you can see the most common problems reported by users and fix them.
In some cases, Avast Antivirus users encounter BSOD errors when setting up the latest version of Windows 10 on their computer. This problem occurs mainly due to incompatibility issues between Avast drivers and specific versions of the processor. To avoid this problem, you can set Avast to the latest version before updating your PC to the latest version of the operating system.
What are all the tasks when Avast won’t open Windows 10? Windows 10 Action Center cannot detect avast antivirus not opening with Avast on Windows 10 include Action Center, which Avast doesn’t understand.
In this case, you will probably see pop-up messages on the right side of the screen stating that “Windows Defender and Avast Antivirus are disabled” or “Windows could not find an antivirus. Fortunately, we have an option for you.
First, we disable avast free antivirus won’t open and re-enable it. Here’s how you can ask Windows 10 to understand you with specific steps:
- Right-click on the Avast icon displayed in the system tray.
- Allow it in exactly the same way and select Enable all security options.
- These actions will help Windows 10 understand Avast and it will not locate the messages mentioned above.
If Avast won’t start, you can try more options. This is what you want to do:
- First, right click on the Start menu and run the command prompt (as administrator)
- Now from the command prompt, type winmgmt / / verify repository and hit Enter.
- If you visit ‘WMI repository fixed, no problems detected’, type ‘winmgmt / reset repository’ and hit enter.
- If you visit “WMI Repository Uninstalled – WMI Repository Rebuilt Successfully”, go to the previous step.
Finally, restart your computer system. While not a common problem, you can certainly try this given alternative:
- Launch the Avast user interface by clicking on the Avast icon in the system tray.
- On the Preferences tab, click General.
- Go to the exclusions options and then click Add.
- Finally, restart your computer.
However, if Avast won’t open, move on to another solution. Avast Antivirus cannot be updated. Certainly, Avast may not update its virus definitions as well. This ends in a serious problem as it exposes your computer to the latest threats.
If you can’t install the latest Avast updates, quickly follow the suggestions below:
- Update the operating system: Since you run outdated versions of Windows, you keep various applications working properly.
- Disable the firewall / VPN temporarily: Finally, the firewall prevents you from installing the latest software updates on your computer.
- To do this, go to Start >> input’anti virus’ >> click on ‘Windows Firewall’ >> click on ‘Disable and enable Windows Firewall’ >> Disable firewall security.
System Clean Boot – With this option, you can start Windows 10 with a minimal set of drivers and programs. Remember that the software battle can block Avast updates.
To remove app battles, do the following:
- Enter your system settings in the search box and then hit Enter.
- On the Services tab, select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
- On the Startup tab, click Open Task Manager.
- Ultimately, on the Startup tab in Task Manager, you need to select all items and click a button.
- Restart your computer and check if the Avast update is progressing.
- Hopefully these alternatives can solve the “Avast Won’t Open” problem on these systems.