5 basic principles that Internet developers should consider before develop IoT applications:
- Ensure secure data collection. The collection of information with special equipment (sensors, etc.) is carried out outside the usual data transmission networks. Therefore, when developing a special application of the Internet of Things, it is crucial to think about ways to protect the information received (in particular, the integrity and security of the original settings in such devices) and mechanisms for encryption of confidential data).
- Arrange high-performance streaming of data. As a rule, data collection systems consist of hundreds, even thousands of electronic devices. Therefore, for effective streaming of such large volumes of information, it is necessary to think over independent mechanisms, different from traditional packet transmissions.
- Create a platform for the Internet of Things. IoT platform is a set of software tools that together help to systematize, store, and process data obtained from electronic devices.
- Develop a solution for the Internet of Things in the Cloud. Cloud solutions are typically used to ensure that processed data arrives quickly to a user’s device and provides centralized storage. These systems can ensure that your Internet of Things application runs efficiently with minimal operating costs and carrier network requirements.
- Ensure your data is managed efficiently. The most commonly used systems are those that analyze and process data in memory. These solutions ensure that the processed results are delivered quickly to the end-user, even if data collection devices fail.