QuickBooks Desktop version is the best solution for the accountants and small business users. However, if you’re facing problems with it and unable to solve issues with a simple re-installation of the program, then it’s time to perform a Clean install. To do so, you first need to uninstall it completely, rename the QuickBooks files left behind and install the QuickBooks Desktop again from afresh. In that situation, you can also ask the solution from IT experts by dialing the QuickBooks customer care phone number. Otherwise, take a look at these steps given below.
Phase 1- Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Press the Windows +R keys to launch the Run dialog. Input ‘Control Panel’ in the search field and hit ‘Enter’ or click ‘OK’ button.
- Click the ‘Uninstall a Program’ link. Find and choose QuickBooks from a list of programs installed on the PC and click the ‘Uninstall/Change’ button.
- Continue with the directions to uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop program entirely from your computer.
If you see an error and can’t uninstall QuickBooks, you should consult the tech professionals as it indicates the problem with your operating system. You can get the instant QuickBooks support services for solving this problem.
Phase 2 – Rename of QuickBooks folders
There are two ways to rename the installation files. You can either use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool or can change the QuickBooks installation file name manually. If you no longer want to run this utility, then you can try the following steps to rename folders on your own. Here’s how to do:
- Access the Windows Explorer folder to find the hidden files and change the name of each folder location available for your Desktop version.
- You can either add ‘outdated’ or ‘old’ at the end of the name. It will stop the QuickBooks program from detecting the file to generate a new one.
- However, if you’re unable to rename the folder or getting an ‘Access Denied’ error while changing the QB file name, then you must try the following steps to troubleshoot the error. If you’re using QuickBooks Premier Version and facing any issues, then call at the QuickBooks Premier Support numberfor immediate solutions.
- Right-click on the Task Bar on the screen of your PC and click the Task Manager option.
- Click the ‘Processes’ tab and then click the ‘Image Name’ heading to arrange the processes in an alphabetical manner.
- Choose the process labelled as the Qbw32.exe, QBDBMgrN.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe QBDBMgr.exe, and then click the ‘End Process’ button.
- Select the Yes option when you receive a warning saying that if you terminate a process, it can cause the loss of information and system instability.
Phase 3 – Install QuickBooks Desktop
- At first, download the latest version for QuickBooks Desktop if you’ve not done it already. Access the folder where the QuickBooks downloaded file was stored and then double-click on that file to run the installation process.
- Choose the ‘Yes to All’ option when asked to overwrite the current extracted files if you have to update data in the new version of QuickBooks Desktop. Click the ‘Next’ button to start installing the program.
- Read the License Agreement & Conditions and select the checkbox next to the ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’ to agree on the terms. Click the ‘Next’ button. Input the ‘License’ and ‘Product’ numbers, and then click the ‘Next,’ followed by ‘Next’ again.
- Choose the installation type for your PC. You can choose ‘Express’ to replace the earlier version of QB if you have one. The ‘Custom and Network Option’ is helpful if you’re using multiple QuickBooks versions on your computer.
- Select the location on which you will use QuickBooks. If you have chosen the “Express” in the earlier step, go to the next level. Select a new location to install the program. Click the ‘Install’ button to start installing the QuickBooks Desktop version.
- If there is a QuickBooks process running during the installation, you may be prompted to restart the PC. If not, then ‘Open QuickBooks’ to start using it.
After completing the installation process, you have to activate the QuickBooks program and set it up again. However, if you have to face any difficulties during the program activation or you’re unable to perform a Clean Install for QuickBooks using these steps, you must consult the professionals for further solutions. In that circumstance, you can call on the QuickBooks customer support number and ask the expert for the step-by-step guide to reinstall QuickBooks again